The normal effects of aging on male sexual health and function are challenging enough, but a good number of us in the XY Wellness community we have also experienced some degree of adverse effect from an invasive procedure to treat prostate cancer such as surgery or radiation.
For this reason, one of the key elements of our program is to help men improve and restore this important contributor to quality of life and general well being. Yes, there are pharmaceutical options, but our position is that they are best saved for when more natural options have been ruled out.
Although impotence or erectile dysfunction is no laughing matter, a number of years ago, when asked in a Rolling Stone interview what he had learned about himself while going through a recent, painful divorce, an introspective Carlos Santana offered “… and one thing I have discovered is that I don’t need no damn Viagra, that’s for damn sure.” Studies show that husbands find more humor in that than wives.
Kidding aside, let’s take an initial look a number of steps you can take now to improve your sexual health, function, and satisfaction:
- Erectile function is a “canary in the coal mine” indicator of possible cardiovascular disease. Before doing anything else, take the time to rule out this possibility.
- Stop smoking! Among the myriad of problems caused by smoking is arterial damage that contributes to erectile dysfunction. Enough said.
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol and of caffeine as either in excess interferes with your ability to achieve and maintain an erection.
- Get some sleep since nocturnal erections help you to maintain penile health and to offset the daily stress on your body that contributes to erectile dysfunction.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles by performing a few sets of Kegels every day. Doing so will help you to regain normal sexual function. During a conference call, while driving your car, while reading this sentence, … no one will be the wiser.
- Consider acupuncture. No, the needles do not go there! It is proven to work, particularly on men who may in part be struggling with performance anxiety.
- Increase your nitric oxide levels. How?
Here is how. In his clinical practice, Dr. Geo frequently works with men who are dealing with some combination of age-related and prostate cancer treatment related erectile dysfunction. In order to improve their quality of life, he designed Mr. Happy, our sexual health formula for men, to boost both nitric oxide levels and anti-oxidant levels.
Why both? Because nitric oxide effectively dilates your blood vessels, and free radicals decrease your available nitric oxide levels. Mr. Happy delivers anti-oxidants needed to combat and reduce these free radicals while simultaneously boosting your nitric oxide levels which dilate your blood vessels to give your penis the flow it needs to achieve and maintain a healthy erection.
In other words, rather than paving over the problem, Mr. Happy is designed to address the underlying causes of erectile dysfunction, and to be strong enough for men dealing with the complications of prostate cancer treatment. This also makes it a popular choice for men who are simply seeking to turn back the clock reclaim this important aspect of living a fully engaged life.